Friday, September 25, 2009

13w4d- visit with midwife (9/21/2009)

Finally listened to Ishkabibble's heart beating on a doppler- 148bpm. Perfect, and beautiful.

Weight gain of 3 pounds since first visit to midwife (at 10w0d).

BP = 120/80

NT scan results-
Odds of Downs = 1 in 150
Odds of other trisomy = 1 in 10,000

Symptoms-
Constant "hangover" feeling has been replaced with occasional bouts of gagging.
Have puked exactly 4 times, usually when I have not eaten in 4+ hours.
Bloating increases throughout the day. By evening, pressure (i.e. too-snug waistband) actually hurts and causes nausea.

Medically diagnosed as "short-waisted." Now I have a medical excuse for why pants never fit me properly. On a more relevant note, this means that my uterus isn't 3-4 inches below my belly button, as one of the books suggested. No matter, I can't feel it regardless.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! There's a medical term for short-waistedness? I am sure I have that also.

    Sounds like things are moving along!

    ReplyDelete